Our Current Location

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How Facebook Changes Your Life. (By Peter)



It has only been a couple of years since I started to Facebook.  I fought it for years, arguing that it was a waste of time and energy.  I had better things to do than Facebook with my friends.

Fast-forward two years.  I recognized that I would be travelling through Central Alberta where a number of my childhood friends still live.  What would be a good way to get together with them?

I asked Len and Judye Hartzler if they would mind hosting a get-together on Sunday evening at their home.  If they agreed, I would post a notice on this blog, cross-reference it with a post to Facebook, and wait to see what would occur.

Promptly at six o’clock on Sunday evening my friends started showing up, some of whom I had never met in person before.  There were approximately forty of us, and without the aid of any adult beverage we were able to enjoy each other’s company well into the wee hours of Monday morning.

I hesitate to picture post a picture of just one of these friends, but frankly, I simply can’t resist.  This “gentleman” is Tim Callaway, whom I had not met prior to Sunday evening.  For those of you who communicate with me on Facebook you will recognize the name.  Now you have a face to go with it.  If I would choose one word to describe Tim it would be irrepressible (he wishes it would be “humorous”).  He is a dear friend, but no more so than the rest of my friends – but he is one of the more unusual ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment