Our Current Location

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 8: Portland, OR - Vancouver, B.C.

The evening of day eight, Thomas, Anna and I ended up in Vancouver where my brother David, his wife Heather, and three radiant daughters Rachel, Kelsey, and Gillian reside. In addition, my cousin Barbara and her husband Tim Greenway joined us, and nine of us went out to the best Chinese restaurant in Van, ordered ten dishes, and inhaled them all.











It was a fun filled evening catching up on the years that have separated us. For me (Peter) it was invigorating watching two of our children engage three of their cousins whom they had not seen in years.

Prior to the dinner I met up with five of my friends from years gone by at Prairie Bible Institute (Mim {Maxwell} and Paul Phibbs, Betty Zweifel Sherstan Norris, Martyn Smith, and Jon Congo) and had lunch together with them at the White Spot on Georgia located just outside Stanley Park. Our time together was too short!



In the afternoon Anna and I rented bicycles and rode around Stanley Park, walked Denman from the east end to the west, and then proceeded to walk over the Burrard Bridge to David and Heather's.






It was one of those days one never wants to forget.

2 comments: